Janus Henderson Investors Product Owner - Document Management in London, United Kingdom
We are a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for our clients through a highly diversified range of actively-managed products. We are truly global, supporting our individual and institutional investors across a range of products, encompassing equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives. Our high-energy and collaborative culture at Janus Henderson helps our client achieve their goals and ensures that our people love the place they work.
The Technology department plays a crucial role in supporting the success of Janus Henderson. We are responsible for developing, implementing and supporting state-of-the-art software to support our fund management, trading, distribution and operational areas and for maintaining a stable and resilient IT infrastructure platform.
The Global Technology department has 400+ employees, running numerous change projects across all areas of the firm, including vendor implementations, regulatory change, in-house development, as well as overseeing change delivery from third party suppliers.
The Distribution Technology team is responsible for providing the best solutions and newest innovations to the globally located Distribution Sales, Marketing, Compliance and Operations teams. The team work very closely with the business and third parties and have a strong relationship and respected reputation for delivering change. Change is either delivered through major initiative funded projects or through the Product Management scrum teams.
Overview of the role
The Product Owner will be a key role in supporting Distribution for end to end document management including the support and enhancements of Distribution SharePoints, integrations with feeding and consuming applications, Document taxonomy and governance through quarterly PI planning, roadmapping and engagement with business partners. This is in order to support a process that is integral for document management across the firm globally, underpinning many strategic systems such as Seismic, CCAT, the website, Fundamentals, FundInfo, Document Triage app and more
Duties and responsibilities
• Strategy – capture a clear vision for the product working with key business stakeholders and end users and sharing this across the organisation on a regular basis
• Planning / Business Value – establish the product backlog with clear definition of business value and use this for work prioritization through a quarterly planning cycle
• Reporting – provide monthly updates of progress against the product roadmap to business and IT stakeholders
• Work with Distribution and Technology, leveraging your knowledge of document management processes and governance to analyze business and system requirements, capturing features in Aha and epics & stories in Jira for a complex SharePoint system (future state O365) and surrounding interfaces, including FundInfo, Seismic, Appian, the website, Third Party Suppliers etc.
• Relationship Management – build excellent working relationships with internal / external partners and key stakeholders
• Design – using your knowledge of document management processes and solutions work with developers and stakeholders to design the required enhancements, business driven change and integrations with scalability and best practice in mind
• Delivery – working with implementation partners and business stakeholders implement and test these designs in the tool and surrounding systems
• System Testing – prepare and execute test scripts for all components of the solution working closely with the developers on how to investigate and resolve these issues
• Acceptance Testing – support business stakeholders conducting testing ensuring that issues raised are resolved and enhancement requests captured for prioritization
• Implementation – support training, be part of the go live activities and ensure a smooth landing post implementation of the solution
• Will require analysis of multiple SharePoint applications to understand current state processes
• Must be able to act as primary point of contact for BAU support on various SharePoint systems and upstream / downstream interfaces
• Oversee dedicated support to ensure KIIDs, Factsheets, commentary and marketing materials show up for users on the website, in our Seismic sales tool or through to FundInfo etc.
• Work required:
o Ongoing BAU support for a wide user base, Product, Marketing, Performance, Investments, Technology etc.
o Manage regression testing for upstream data architecture changes and interfaces in line with our Technology department SDLC standards
o Ensuring Fundamentals is properly maintained
o Lead and manage a Steering Co and Working Group for Document Management, prioritization of features to enhance governance, UI/UX, search, audit items etc.
o Help Marketing on creating training documentation for use
o Help Marketing with Document tagging governance, document type rationalization etc.
o Contribute to and help drive document management steering committees to ensure we improve our document type management, taxonomy, tagging governance
Technical skills and qualifications
Experience in the following:
• SharePoint Server-Side (Full-Trust Solutions) Development
• SharePoint Client-Side (SCOM, JSOM) Development
• SQL Server Stored Procedure (strong database)
• .Net C# Development
• BA/PM/Client interaction
• Rapid Development
In addition to putting clients first, acting like an owner, and succeeding as a team, the competencies for this role include:
• Ability to work with developers, other team Product Owners, Release Train Engineers and Technology in a project or change environment
• Data mapping
• Knowledge of Agile methodology and User Story structure
• Knowledge of Financial Services & Capital Markets
• Knowledge of Client Reporting systems within Asset or Investment Management preferred
Ongoing competence in the role to be assessed, in line with applicable regulatory requirements, by:
• Annual performance appraisal
• Completion of all assigned compliance training
At a minimum the role will require you to:
• Place the interest of Janus Henderson’s Clients first, act in accordance with TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) principles
• Understand and follow laws and regulations applicable for your role, seeking the help of your supervising manager or Compliance if additional guidance is required
• Understand and abide by all Janus Henderson policies applicable to your role, and seek support/guidance of the policy owner guidance when required
• You are ultimately accountable for your actions and responsible for seeking further information on any or all of the above as necessary.
Janus Henderson (including its subsidiaries) will not maintain existing or sponsor new industry registrations or licenses where not supported by an employee’s job functions (as determined by Janus Henderson at its sole discretion).
All applicants must be willing to comply with the provisions of Janus Henderson Investment Advisory Code of Ethics related to personal securities activities and other disclosure and certification requirements, including past political contributions and political activities. Applicants’ past political contributions or activity may impact applicants’ eligibility for this position. Janus Henderson is an equal opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. All applications are subject to background checks.